Training ManagerGo Back
The purpose of this position is to enhance colleague performance, engagement, and retention through effective management of on-boarding and continuous training practices. The role involves working with site management to track, communicate, and manage all company-wide training programs and provide support to address remedial training needs at the local level. The ideal candidate should have mid-to-senior level experience.
- Collaborate with Department Leads, Human Resources, and Safety Leaders to develop and manage effective on-boarding training programs with a focus on colleague performance.
- Select and indirectly manage On-The-Job Trainers in Transportation and Warehouse Departments through regular training meetings, training effectiveness evaluations, one-on-one discussions, and overall performance management of the Job Trainer.
- Manage an on-boarding process for new Drivers and Warehouse initial training by leveraging programs.
- Manage extended on-the-job training throughout the entire 90-day orientation period; work through Job Trainers to develop a process that includes follow-up training as needed for new associates to reach acceptable new-hire performance standards.
- Track and analyze all training-related activity and communicate progress to site leadership.
- Conduct gap analysis and create solutions for existing associates in high-volume positions including Drivers and Warehouse Selectors who are not performing at acceptable levels.
- Lead discussions with Site Leadership related to on-boarding and training activity for high-volume positions including Drivers and Warehouse Selectors; prepare and discuss documentation and recommendations during weekly meetings.
* 4+ years training/facilitation experience required.
* Prior experience and/or leadership/direct supervision in a Supply Chain/Warehouse environment
Key Skills Needed:
* Strong facilitation, leadership, communication, engagement, and development skills
* Ability to compile and interpret operational metrics
* Broad knowledge of warehouse operations, methods, and procedures
* Strong computer skills with proficiency in PowerPoint, Word & Excel
* Familiarity with inventory control, OSHA, HAACP and other regulatory requirements is preferred