Supply Chain Director - Biopharma Industry
- Level: Director
- Location: Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill
Our client, a leading biopharmaceuticals commercial stage firm is looking for an individual to join their team who can lead up their internal supply chain as well as manage the external CDMO relationships for all external manufacturing.
The Supply Chain Director - Biopharma Industry is a newly created position within the business and is overseeing the commercial supply chain needs as they work on commercial some of their approved products in the US to other global markets, as well as other products in the pipeline including those that are join venture drug products. The successful candidate will oversee: Warehouse Management, Procurement & Sourcing, Planning & Scheduling, Global CMO relationships, Customer Service, and Quality Assurance. The ideal candidate also has experience either coming from the biotechnology, biopharmaceuticals, or even CDMO industries. Given that our client is also mid-sized, they small-mid sized company experience in career tenure is preferred.
The Supply Chain Director - Biopharma Industry will:
- Develop and implement the Supply Chain management strategy, supporting Process Development, Drug Substance and Drug Product (external).
- Implement methods/systems/tools to analyze spend, evaluate supplier performance, and manage inventory of API materials and finished goods
- Manage the development, negotiation and implementation of contract agreements with suppliers and (where applicable) in collaboration with Global Procurement
- Ensure compliance with all CMC and regulatory requirements for all investigational and marketed products
- Contribute to end to end supply chain risk assessments and implement mitigation actions
The Supply Chain Director - Pharma Industry has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Supply Chain, or Engineering
- 10+ years of experience with supply chain in a biotech / pharmaceutical environment (required)
- Experience in E2E supply chain network management for clinical products within the biopharma space
- Experience in a start-up clinical supply chain environmental
- Pharma/biotech industry experience (required)