Supplier Quality Engineer Needed for Autonomous Startup
- San Francisco Bay area
- Competitive Compensation + relocation assistance
An Autonomous Startup is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to develop, implement and sustain supplier-specific manufacturing processes and quality plans to guarantee supply partners meet necessary standards. This Supplier Quality Engineer will be one of the first SQEs based in the US, reporting directly to the Head of Supply Chain and managing suppliers on a domestic and global scale.
If you are an innovative, goal-oriented Supplier Quality Engineer looking for the challenge of building and developing a Supplier function - this is the role for you!
- Establish and apply metrics to manufacture, test, and validate complex electromechanical and optical components.
- Drive corrective actions on quality problems by identifying root cause of failures and execute resolutions.
- Define, implement and facilitate real-time, on-going data collection and reporting from suppliers
- Identify and implement the technical sourcing strategy to ensure delivery times are met of the high quality electrical, mechanical systems/subsystems.
- Create manufacturing processes and quality plans specific to suppliers to ensure our partners have the capabilities in place for high quality production at volume.
- Desire to bring groundbreaking electromechanical systems to life
- Bachelor's degree required; technical degree highly desired
- In-depth knowledge of quality, reliability, supplier management, statistical process controls and auditing techniques (PPAP, APQP, etc.)
- Extensive experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and/or Quality Engineering
- Electrical, mechanical, or quality engineering experience in creating high-end, high-volume consumer electronic products, startup experience a plus
- Innovative, collaborative, self-motivated
- Ability to prioritize tasks