DSJ Global is partnered with a leading automotive manufacturing company that is looking to add to a Supplier Quality Engineer to their team in Asheville, North Carolina. This role will primarily be is responsible for maintaining the quality system and monitoring and improving supplier performance. In addition, this position interprets and evaluates statistical quality control data, and evaluates product, part, and performance conforms to quality standards and product specifications.
Position : Supplier Quality Engineer
- Manage all supplier quality activities.
- Act as a "Change Agent" to drive process and performance improvements at suppliers.
- Perform supplier process audits, readiness reviews, and coordinate corrective action follow-up verifications.
- Maintain supplier rating systems for internal and external use.
- Coordinate and approve progress checks and assist suppliers with advanced product quality planning (APQP).
- Lead proactive strategies for supplier quality improvement.
- Review, analyze, and approve supplier PPAP submissions.
- Provide training and assistance to help suppliers improve process control and capability.
- Facilitate, manage, and track supplier progress for successful product launches.
- Visit suppliers, provide training, and reinforce quality expectations.
- Manage the new product approval process with plant quality personnel.
- Travel as required to support plants and supplier development.
- Maintain awareness of the relevance and importance of activities to achieve quality objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering or equivalent, with five years of professional experience; or Master's degree with two years of related experience.
- Understanding of IATF-16949 audit procedures and ability to implement compliance procedures.
- Metrology capabilities with basic instruments.
- Understanding of moderately complex symbolic/diagrammatic systems.
- Detailed knowledge of AIAG Core tools and demonstrated application.