As an Electronics Strategic Purchaser, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the efficient and cost-effective procurement of electronic components and materials for our cutting-edge products. This position requires a strategic thinker with a deep understanding of the electronics supply chain, strong negotiation skills, and the ability to build and maintain relationships with key suppliers.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for electronic components, ensuring a stable and cost-effective supply chain.
- Identify, evaluate, and onboard strategic suppliers to meet the company's quality, cost, and innovation requirements.
- Monitor market trends, analyse supplier capabilities, and make recommendations for strategic sourcing decisions.
Supplier Relationship Management:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers, fostering collaboration and innovation.
- Conduct regular supplier performance evaluations and implement improvement plans as needed.
- Negotiate favourable terms and conditions with suppliers, including pricing, delivery, and payment terms.
- Implement cost reduction initiatives while maintaining product quality and supplier relationships.
- Analyse total cost of ownership (TCO) and develop strategies to optimise costs throughout the supply chain.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and implement cost-saving opportunities.
- Identify and assess potential risks in the electronics supply chain and develop mitigation plans.
- Stay informed about industry trends, geopolitical factors, and regulatory changes that may impact the supply chain.
- Work closely with legal and compliance teams to ensure adherence to regulations and standards.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including engineering, manufacturing, and quality assurance teams, to align procurement strategies with business goals.
- Communicate effectively with team members, suppliers, and other stakeholders to ensure clear understanding of requirements and expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or a related field.
- Proven experience in strategic procurement, with a focus on electronics and technology products.
- Strong knowledge of the electronics supply chain, including components, materials, and market trends.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Analytic mindset with the ability to use data to drive decision-making.
- Familiarity with relevant regulations and standards in the electronics industry.
- Proficiency in relevant procurement tools and software.