This Procurement Systems Team role within the Strategic Sourcing & Procurement department (SS&P) supports the systems requirements of SS&P. This team collaborates with our corporate technical resources in Digital Transformation, serving as the functional, process, and business user experience expert. The team maintains and enhances current Procurement systems (ARIBA GB, ARIBA SLP, Concur) in collaboration with Digital Transformation, functional teams, our business user community, and integrated partners. Role requires looking at future needs and new or existing technologies to help drive team system automation and innovation. Team members will serve as an SS&P representative for cross-functional system implementation projects as well as Business Process Automation projects and resulting change managements requirements. This role will be a strong contributor to smooth functioning of our existing technologies and further identification and development of new and impactful technologies.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Works with ARIBA Guided Buying, ARIBA Supplier Lifecycle Management, SAP S4 Hana, and SAP CONCUR teams in collaboration with our Digital Transformation technical team to ensure system functionality.
- Facilitate collaboration with Digital Transformation colleagues.
- Support collaboration with Digital Transformation and Accounts Payable to enable and optimize procure-to-pay functionality within Ariba.
- Contributes to identification, selection, implementation, and integration of new SS&P systems and tools.
- Understands application of new business initiatives and how systems will interface and what, if any, system changes may be required. May be assigned to resulting cross functional teams as SS&P systems representative
- From business perspective, leads and supports SS&P system projects, enhancement, and fixes. Performs testing and confirmation of system fixes, changes, and enhancements when needed.
- Assists with SS&P systems' user content and training. Shares expertise through training and communication with internal customers to ensure the desired level of self-sufficiency is achieved.
- Evaluates current processes and systems to contribute to ideation, design, and development of automation and system innovation.
- Supports key financial controls by providing audit data and performing testing requirements.
- May assist with ARIBA catalog management and further supplier enablement efforts with Procurement Operations.
- Support team metric reporting and automation. Provides data and reporting requirements for SS&P team members, management, and compliance teams.
- Guides automation for self-service of reporting and analytics when applicable.
- Works within team environment, cross-functionally, and, independently as assignments require.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
Experience/The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Experience in Procurement systems and reporting (SAP and ARIBA).
- Experience in system implementations in collaboration with technical teams.
- Experience in Procurement or Outsourcing team preferred.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of procurement systems and ERP environments. Sufficient comprehension of procurement systems and business processes to solve unusual as well as common work problems, to be able to advise on technical matters, and to serve as a resource on the subject for others in the organization.
- General knowledge of the Procurement function, processes, common challenges, and best practices.
- Ideal candidate will have knowledge and work experience with ARIBA Guided Buying, ARIBA SLP, and SAP Concur.
- Knowledge and understanding of SAP S4 HANA, ARIBA e-Invoicing, and SAP Vendor Master requirements preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to lead or assist with new Systems projects depending on scope.
- Knowledge of project management methodology to ensure understanding of timelines, project RACIs, testing, change management, and proper documentation that is compliance ready.
- Exceptional customer service skills to support our internal customers and a strong work ethic required.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and the ability to accept responsibility for work activities and projects and see them through to completion.
- Team player who isn't afraid to reach out when questions arise.
- Exhibits high attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy, especially in work within the ARIBA and SAP systems.
- Applies existing and acquired job skills company policies/procedures to all endeavors.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Conducts themselves in a professional manner when dealing with team members as well as internal customers.