This role leads the supply planning team and has overall responsibility to ensure we have enough inventory to fulfill demand while minimizing write-offs due to product expiry. Role will have direct reports and be responsible for clinical and commercial products.
- Ensure we have feasible supply plans and maintain adequate inventory levels to meet our global commercial, clinical and development needs across the full breadth of our supply chain (critical raw materials, intermediates, Drug Substance, Drug Product and Finished Goods).
- Ensure that supply plans and safety stock targets adequately reflect risks related to demand, production performance, quality, shelf life and other key variables.
- Lead the selection and implementation of a supply planning system.
- Determine how to grow the supply planning team and segment work across multiple staff/ geographies while retaining ability to integrate and optimize plans across the entire supply chain.
- Work cross functionally with program management, process development, quality, regulatory, commercial, finance, logistics, clinical supply and CMO / supplier management to ensure that supply plans are feasible.
- Determine capacity requirements for production and storage.
- Perform scenario planning as needed to support operational and strategic decision making.
- Lead efforts to determine optimum filling strategies, container sizes and production scales.
- Ensure we have robust tools for supply planning as our supply chain grows in complexity and we approach commercial launch.
- Lead the implementation of and serve as business owner for ERP processes related to inventory ordering and inventory management.
- Project costs of goods sold under multiple scenarios.
- Oversee activities to project inventory spend.
- Oversee activities to project expected inventory levels in terms of units, months on hand and value.
- Oversee creation of supply dashboards to help organization understand overall status and risk areas.
- Oversee provision of supply forecasts to suppliers and CMOs.
- Define and monitor KPIs including forecast accuracy, delivery performance, yield, and reject rate.
- Proactively identify potential supply risks and initiate actions to mitigate.
- Support the process to select new CMOs and suppliers.
- Support process to negotiate commercial supply agreements with CMOs and suppliers.
- Develop and own the commercial launch plan from a supply perspective.
- Design and Lead the Sales & Operations planning process as we approach commercial launch.
- B.S./ B.A. degree or Advanced Degree (preferred).
- 12+ years of experience working in pharmaceutical / biotech supply planning.
- Strong Knowledge of GMPs.
- Strong Experience leading Cross-Functional teams.
- Strong experience managing direct reports.
- Strong experience working with CMOs and Suppliers of pharma materials.
- Excellent analytic skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- All Vaxcyte employees require vaccination against COVID-19.