Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager needed for a top Oil & Gas Company
- Manager Level
- Houston, TX
- $145,000 - $155,000
One of the nation's premier Oil & Gas companies is looking for a Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager to lead their ambitious sourcing initiatives!
This Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager will lead the transformation of sourcing to achieve world class standards in cost efficiency, supplier innovation and process improvements. The candidate will report directly into the Senior Director of Global Sourcing and will play a critical role in leveraging their chemical sourcing background to participate in the creation of new processes in the Houston, TX facility.
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of strategy for sourcing direct materials by building strong domestic and global partnerships as needed.
- Select and negotiate with suppliers for about $200 million worth of purchases annually. Have the power to issue and sign various purchasing documents within the company guidelines. Have the main responsibility for choosing suppliers and setting prices.
- Work with supply chain, logistics, R&D, and marketing/sales teams to ensure reliable supply and cost savings in line with business objectives.
- Monitor and negotiate monthly price changes based on market fluctuations. Inform the business units about price trends, supply disruptions, and industry capacity changes. Be the expert for assigned categories.
- Coordinate with S&OP to support long term decisions on capital and product supply. Develop long term supply planning opportunities for strategic investment based on network optimization recommendations.
- Be a critical thinker who drives process improvements by developing and integrating best practices across multiple functions and strategic sourcing teams.
- May have one or more direct reports. Hire, train, motivate, promote, and discipline staff according to company policy.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years of sourcing experience with a strong background with chemicals
- Strategic Mindset
- Experience managing at least 1 direct report
Please apply in or email if interested.