Overview: A leading chemical manufacturing company in Los Angeles, CA is currently looking for a Senior Purchasing Demand Planner to join their fast-growing team! This company is the chemical industry's leading global supplier of trusted chemicals and lab equipment. The Senior Purchasing Demand Planner will be responsible for purchasing various packaged and bulk materials, coordinating purchases through manufacturers and distributors, and maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
- Process and manage POs for chemicals and packaging from a broad scope of vendors
- Review MRP/demand planning requirements and understand component forecasting and usage
- Maintain cross-functional communication to ensure awareness of additions or changes
- Ensure sufficient stock quantities are maintained
- Manage purchasing processes including expediting orders and tracking supplier KPIs and scorecards
- Lead action plans for managing slow moving and excess inventory
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years purchasing and demand planning experience from a regulated goods industry
- MS Office, ERP, MRP
- Experience in demand forecasting techniques
This company is actively hiring, so if you are interested in learning more, please don't hesitate to apply!