- To provide technical expertise and process development support to Operations at the Bremen site, relating to new and existing products and materials.
- To own, maintain and develop product / materials specifications and systems.
- To supervise the introduction of new products into manufacturing and optimise.
- To provide timely and professional technical support to customers as required.
- To work closely with Operations and Quality teams to ensure customer requirements are met at all times.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be the bridge between NPD and Operations and support the introduction of new products on both sites as appropriate. To liaise with the customer as appropriate.
- Provide technical expertise and support to NPD activities and ensure NPD projects are manufacturing ready'.
- To own, maintain and develop technical product and material specifications for the business, including effective systems of change management and control.
- Establish and implement procedures for the introduction of alternative or new raw materials to both sites including trial processes.
- Provide technical assistance to Quality in relation to quality issues / investigations as required.
- Identify, justify and initiate opportunities for improvement on the performance and specification of existing products on a cost, quality and/or risk basis.
- Work collaboratively with Production and Quality to ensure maximum technical input is provided to specifications and procedures.
- Maintain an awareness of external technical developments, particularly with regard to new materials and process technologies, and suggest new development possibilities in line with business objectives.