Role: Senior Manager of Engineering
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
About the Company:
Our client is a renowned player in the aerospace sector, specializing in the design, engineering, manufacturing, repair, and overhaul of aviation and industrial components. With a global presence, our client collaborates with OEMs and operators worldwide, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of aircraft.
In this key position, you will be responsible for overseeing the entire engineering department. Your role will involve managing project timelines, budgets, and ensuring the technical integrity of aerospace products.
- Managing the engineering department
- Overseeing the design, development, and support of new and existing aerospace products.
- Leading efforts to validate technical plans, schedules, and design integrity.
- Collaborating with site General Managers to ensure product safety and integrity.
- Providing technical leadership to the Engineering Team for successful product development execution.
- Interface with customers to coordinate program activities and resolve issues.
- Ensuring adherence to new product development procedures and continuous improvement recommendations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Experience in aerospace gear systems, transmissions, or related industry products/systems.
- Experience in leading product development teams and reviewing project plans.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to review and validate structural and thermal analyses.
- Knowledge of technological trends to inform strategic decisions.
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research.
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning processes.
- Master of Science in Engineering.
- Experience in technical leadership on complex aerospace development programs.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing people or large product development teams.
- Operational familiarity with MRO practices for military and civil in-service programs.