A global leader in the plastic and packaging sector with over 200 production plants globally is looking to expand its direct procurement team. As a Senior Global Category Manager you will define and develop the global purchasing strategy; this role is well suited to a forward-thinking, resilient individual.
- Define, develop and implement procurement strategy for chemicals.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers, ensuring optimal delivery of raw materials.
- Monitor supplier performance and address any issues or concerns promptly.
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, including production, quality control, and logistics teams, to ensure timely availability of raw materials.
- Proactively identify cost-saving opportunities and drive efficiency in the procurement process.
- Multiple years professional procurement experience in direct materials, ideally raw materials or chemicals. Experience in the chemical, plastic or packaging industry is beneficial but not essential.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills as well as excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders. Capability to demonstrate success managing complex, cross-functional activities whilst being actively solution-oriented.
- Exciting opportunity to work with a leading plastics company at the forefront of innovation.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment that fosters personal and professional growth. Flexible working and childcare available.
- Opportunity to contribute to sustainable practices and make a positive impact in the industry.