We are a global organization offering a dynamic and professional work environment, providing room for professional growth. As a leading supplier of environmentally friendly products and services for agriculture, public health, and forestry, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life worldwide. Our advanced manufacturing facility, located on a 73-acre site in Osage, IA, boasts a 130,000-square-foot plant, the world's largest purpose-built biorational facility, supporting a broad portfolio of fermentation products.
Job Summary and Key Objectives:
This role aims to assist production in achieving safety, quality, delivery, and cost goals. The ideal candidate should have expertise in fermentation science and biochemical engineering principles, particularly in microbial fermentation operations. The Fermentation Engineer will also serve as a mentor and leader to Production Specialists and Interns.
- Ensure compliance with safety and environmental policies.
- Analyze yield and quality data to identify improvement opportunities.
- Drive lean manufacturing projects based on production data.
- Innovate practical solutions to enhance fermentation processes.
- Maintain production records and standard operating procedures.
- Proactively address operational issues and improve safety.
- Review and adjust cost standards/bill of materials.
- Troubleshoot and implement corrective/preventive actions.
- Contribute to cost-saving initiatives and product quality.
- Establish efficient fermenter and equipment maintenance procedures.
- Provide support to production and facilitate training.
- Foster continuous process improvement and embrace new technologies.
- Sponsor capital investments and technical changes.
Additional Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Participate in new product development and realization projects.
- Execute process validation procedures.
- Collaborate on critical process parameter studies and optimization.
- Develop statistical models and implement process improvements.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, bioengineering, biotechnology, biochemical engineering, biology, or related fields is required; M.S. or Ph.D. preferred.
- Desire for hands-on experience with industrial-scale microbial fermentation processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within diverse teams.
- Working knowledge of chemical and biochemical process unit operations is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills are desired.
- Familiarity with process control and automation is a plus.
- Industrial-scale plant experience with process optimization and Six Sigma is advantageous.
- Flexibility for occasional off-shift and weekend hours to support production shifts is required.
Join us in making a positive global impact, and share your qualifications with us!