REMOTE- Principal RF Design Engineer: Microwave Receivers
Baltimore County, MD or Remote
This company focusses on global defense and intelligence missions through expanding and designing signals intelligence and electronic welfare mission. They are one of the leaders within the Aerospace Products and Parts Manufacturing industry! This team is looking to bring on a Principal RF Design Engineer: Microwave Receivers to their growing team! This Principal RF Design Engineer: Microwave Receivers would be responsible for leading the advancement of miniature microwave receivers for government and military applications.
The Principal RF Design Engineer would be responsible for:
- Individual RF/MW design contributor and lead engineer for key design projects
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to more junior team members
- Make technical presentations to customers to support design review requirements
- This position requires experience in design of RF/MW circuitry through at least 18GHz using SMT components on PCB substrates.
The Principal RF Design Engineer would have the following qualifications:
- Must be US citizen and have the ability to obtain security clearance
- BSEE and 10+ years of related experience in the area of microwave receiver design
- Hands-on design experience in PCB-based design of RF/MW circuitry supporting receivers and frequency converters to 18GHz and beyond. Wide bandwidth, high dynamic range, super-het receiver design experience is desired. Additionally, experience in mmW frequency range design, wideband digitization, and low SWaP design is helpful.
- Candidate must be well-versed in receiver/frequency converter system design, including frequency planning and spur analysis, RF/MW filter technologies, cascade GNIP analysis, MW mixers, frequency generation using PLL ICs, and design trade-offs.
- Candidate should be familiar with computer design tools including Keysight Genesys, OrCad, MATLAB, PSPICE, or other tools.
**** This company is open to seeing RF Engineers at all levels! Apply in to learn more!****