Raw Materials & Indirect Buyer
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Working Situation: Hybrid
- Level: Associate
Our client, a leading Chemicals and Oil organization, is searching for a Raw Materials & Indirect Buyer who is responsible for managing a raw material and indirect spend portfolio with a direct impact to the profitability of the Oil & Gas business. This individual is responsible for delivering financial value through sourcing strategies, managing supplier base, and developing strategic actions to improve total costs for a Raw Material and Indirect spend within the Oil & Gas business for North America.
The Raw Materials & Indirect Buyer will be responsible for:
- Strategic analysis of the portfolio using databases, quarterly reports, and continuous review of strategic plans to seek opportunities to manage the company's financial exposure.
- Establishing and following up on contracts with indicators of measurement and improvement opportunities.
- Conducting global and local market analysis, reviewing market intelligence, sourcing selection, RFQ review to generate new project ideas.
- Creating strategic sourcing group, validating the purchasing options, defining purchasing action plans, and supervising their implementation.
The Raw Materials & Indirect Buyer has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or related field.
- 7 - 10 years of business management experience required, preferably in the chemical industry.