Sr. Quality Engineer (Manufacturing) Needed for a Global Leader in the Machinery Mfg. Industry
- Ventura, CA
- Manufacturing Quality
A cutting edge machinery manufacturing firm is seeking a strong Senior Quality Engineer to become a part of the Quality Manufacturing Team!
This Senior Quality Engineer will direct all activities for the development and application of the plant's quality system.
The candidate will report directly to the Quality Control Manager and will play a critical role in performing site audits, maintaining the manufacturing plants quality system, as well as analyze and resolve manufacturing and related problems.
The Quality Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Analyze and resolve manufacturing and related problems
- Review engineering change orders and audits of the quality system
- Analyzes cause and corrective action activities exposed through audits and reviews
- Identify production issues on-site
- Devise solutions to fix and augment existing issues
- Oversee and detail quality performance of the manufacturing site
- Create the inspection control for process methods to ensure control of design requirements
The ideal Quality Engineer candidate will have the following skill set:
- Well versed in GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing) required
- Bachelor's Degree in industrial or mechanical engineering or related field required
- Prior experience in quality in a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years of quality manufacturing experience in related industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with ISO9001 quality standard
- Aerospace, defense, or other technical manufacturing industry experience