DSJ Global is partnered with a leading manufacturer of wear-resistant metallic and ceramic alloy coatings that is looking to add a Quality Engineer to their team in Chesapeake, Virginia. This role will primarily be responsible for coordinating, scheduling, and performing internal audits, managing Non-conformance, Preventive and Corrective Actions and Customer Complaints to constructive dispositions. This position will lead to key quality correlated activities such as calibration of measurement tools, system documentation and record keeping.
Position: Quality Engineer
- Maintain a Quality Management System and meet the standards of all ISO-9001 requirements and certifications.
- Draft and maintain quality system documentation, including quality records for products, customer complaints, internal and external audits, corrective and preventive actions.
- Schedule, coordinate and perform internal audits of the Quality Management System
- Monitor and update on non-conformity's from past audits, ensuring timely resolution.
- Administer the corrective action system, overseeing prompt closure of issues and verifying solutions.
- Accountable for maintaining the calibration program.
- Troubleshoot and improve quality issues through analysis.
- Plan for third-party audits and review core processes for enhancements.
- Report regularly on internal and external quality.
- Provide support to the Health and Safety department.
- Document and maintain monthly Health and Safety reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science related field
- Understanding of QP6 and ISO-9001 audit procedures
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in quality management, quality systems implementation
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within a manufacturing setting
- Ability to utilize statistical process control and other formal problem-solving approaches.