- Houston, TX
- Flexible Schedule: 4 days on-site, 1 day WFH
Purchasing Specialist - Summary:
Join a dynamic and privately-held shared services provider that partners with industry leaders in solutions mining, salt production, and metals. They are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Purchasing/Procurement Specialist to join a growing team and outstanding company culture. This candidate will be experienced in purchasing MRO, large equipment for Capital Projects, a strong understanding of MRO/drilling categories, and a skilled SAP user.
Purchasing Specialist - Primary Functions:
- Oversee purchasing activities that will support capital construction projects and operations across the United States.
- Streamline procurement process by implementing automated tools.
- Develop efficient procurement solutions and support Plants with the implementation of procurement strategies.
Purchasing Specialist - Responsibilities:
- Responsible for purchasing equipment and material for capital construction and operations categories.
- Researching and identifying prospective suppliers.
- Facilitates request for quotation process, including development of bid packages, and analyzing commercial aspects of proposal.
- Negotiate terms with suppliers, such as price, quality of goods and delivery dates.
- Expedite all material and equipment to ensure timely delivery to the site.
- Liaise with Plant personnel regarding delivery status on material.
- Facilitate the resolution of all procurement related issues or discrepancies.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable to resolve invoices issues. Facilitates and manages PO close-out process.
- Maintains effective communication with all key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Monitoring supplier performance and resolving issues and concerns.
- 4-7 years of procurement/purchasing experience supporting operations and capital construction projects.
- Oil and Gas experience a plus, specifically in drilling.
- Strong understanding of MRO, and drilling categories.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics, engineering or business administration.
- MUST HAVE: Strong Proficiency and Experience in SAP (4 years)
- Strong experience with procurement processes, methodology and industry standards.
- Working knowledge of sourcing processes and methodologies.
- Strong negotiation skills with proven track record of delivering value and results.
If you are a dynamic Purchasing professional looking for a great opportunity to develop your skill-sets and career under an amazing team, apply now!