The Production Supervisor plays a pivotal role in overseeing the ethanol manufacturing process, leading a dedicated production crew while adhering to the high standards and directives established by the Production Manager. This position entails managing crew operations, ensuring plant cleanliness, and collaborating with various departments to address operational concerns.
- Optimize production processes in alignment with plant goals and directives from the Production Manager.
- Uphold the company's engagement process and exemplify its Core Values and Guiding Principles.
- Effectively coordinate the production crew's work duties and schedules to ensure smooth plant operations.
- Foster operator training and motivation, ensuring their proficiency.
- Ensure meticulous completion of logs, data collection, work permits, and necessary tests for seamless operations.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation.
- Input work requests into the computerized maintenance management system.
- Enforce rigorous cleanliness standards and conduct plant walkthroughs to identify maintenance or operational issues.
- Facilitate productive shift change meetings to ensure knowledge transfer among personnel.
- Guarantee adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and contribute to SOP development as required.
- Associate's degree or higher in a STEM background (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math); equivalent experience and education considered.
- 5 years of operations experience in a large-scale industrial manufacturing environment, preferably in a continuous process manufacturing environment and with ethanol manufacturing experience.
- 3 years of supervisory/leadership experience.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and comprehending English.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups and achieve positive outcomes.
- Proficiency in leadership, personnel management, development, and coaching.
- Strong mathematical skills, including calculations, fractions, percentages, and unit conversions.
- Ability to work a 12.25-hour 4-shift work-week rotation (4 on / 4 off).