Overview: A dynamic global healthcare leader is looking to add a 2nd shift Production Supervisor. They are leaders of life-changing technologies that span the spectrum of healthcare with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, branded generic medicines.
- Responsible for overseeing the outcomes of a specific shift (comprising 10-20 direct reports) within a multi-shift manufacturing operation(s). Additional responsibilities may entail assuming overall manufacturing leadership for afternoon or night shift operations, in addition to overseeing an individual team.
- Exemplify and encourage behaviors that guarantee the delivery of high-quality products for our customers while advocating compliance with Abbott's policies and procedures. Ensure adherence to all local and statutory requirements and uphold regulatory standards for products shipped to different countries. Take the initiative, manage, and make decisions that have an impact on product quality.
- Promote a comprehensive understanding of the factors influencing product costs, profitability, and cash flow within the shift, team, and department. Operate within budget constraints with a specific focus on margin, material utilization, and achieving Cost Improvement Program (CIP) objectives. Educate others in this understanding to foster operator engagement and active participation in cost management. Share responsibility for line budgetary decisions with the immediate manager. Continuously monitor, analyze, and enhance budgetary performance for elements such as overtime (OT), direct expenses, operating equipment effectiveness (OEE), labor, downtime, schedule performance (units per hour, Lbs./Hour), year-over-year CIP, and material usage, among others.
- Drive objectives related to Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), thoroughly comprehend the factors driving line performance and quality metrics and formulate and execute plans for enhancing both.
- Demonstrate a complete grasp of all key performance indicators and lead the development and execution of plans by actively engaging all team and support resources.
- Create and implement strategies to train and develop employees, enhancing the overall manufacturing capabilities required to achieve performance targets. Foster a culture of learning and support individual learning and development plans. Provide coaching and guidance to individuals and teams to ensure the attainment of performance goals and objectives. Directly oversee the team and take the lead in staffing activities.
- Experience in a regulated manufacturing work environment.
- Proficiency in using project planning and execution tools.
- Familiarity with FDA regulations, including 21 CFR, and other regulatory requirements applicable to Infant Formula.
- Hands-on experience in project planning and execution.
- In-depth understanding of process control.
- Demonstrated comprehension of plant financial matters. Track record of involvement in Continuous Improvement Projects.
- One-year leadership experience.