Title: Production Supervisor
Location: Salina, KS
A leading name in the Food industry is seeking an experienced Production Supervisor to direct the activities of plant operations personnel in their 24/7 facility.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the maintaining production schedules, ensuring quality standards are met, assisting in hiring and onboarding, and training employees.
The Production Supervisor will have the following responsibilities:
- Directing production, packaging, and bakery on production lines to ensure company and USDA requirements are met
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring qualified employees, following EEO and Affirmative Action guidelines
- Managing employee performance and skills development; conducting performance appraisals and administering disciplinary action
- Verify that plant discharges are within limits and assist with ensuring company quality standards in production are met
- Responsible for safety, housekeeping, policy administration, employee relations, cost control, and problem-solving
- Working closely with USDA representative on site to ensure all company, state, and federal requirements for food safety are met
- Reviewing and signing off on all Quality Assurance and HACCP documentation
- Checking product quality, usage, waste, product counts, and weights to assure performance and attainment
- Demonstrating KPI measures
- Assuring improvements, if needed, and timely distribution of reports and budget information
- Maintaining constant improvement in making quality products, reducing costs, and following good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Participates in and supports Global Manufacturing Food Safety Initiative programs, implementation, and compliance
The ideal Production Supervisor MUST have the following qualifications:
- 4 - 5 years related work experience preferably in food industry manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience, with minimum of 2 years in supervision The capability and desire to undertake continued education courses in a related field
- SAP experience beneficial
- Strong knowledge of basic chemical reactions utilized in the manufacturing process
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
If you are interested in the Production Supervisor opportunity, then please don't hesitate to apply!