DSJ Global is currently partnered with a Global Chemicals & Specialty Materials company looking to add a Production Leader to their team in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
The Production Leader will be responsible for providing leadership and coaching to plant personnel; operates within budget based upon forecasted plant volume demand; meets customer expectations through continual improvement in product and process quality & helps develop personnel to meet/exceed expectations and prepare for career advancement.
- Creates an environment that fosters team and individual empowerment. Ensures effective and sustained organizational culture for empowerment
- Serves as a coach and mentor to the department personnel. Coaches plant personnel to resolve technical Operational issues
- Monitors daily production, shipping activities, product quality, and then directs adjustments to production and shipping plans as appropriate. Ensures continuous evaluation and implementation of improvements through the tracking of Operational Equipment Efficiency (OEE) metrics
- Manages the site Continuous Improvement program
- Performs accident / incident investigations for all safety, quality, and environmental incidents
- Participates in loss control programs, including BBS, SafeStart, THA, StarMap etc.
- Coordinates resources to meet short and long term production forecasts through participation with the business team, ensuring goals and commitments are safely met and within budget
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering/ Chemistry or related
- 5+ Years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Process Safety experience (PSM, LOPA, Safety Instrument Systems)
- Good working knowledge of plant processes and batch operations, prefer chemical plant experience
- Knowledge of ISO certifications and mechanical integrity programs
- Lean Six Sigma Experience
- SAP experience