Job Title: Packaging Supervisor
Job Type: Full-time
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Packaging Supervisor. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring compliance with cGMPs, company policies, standard operating procedures, and FDA requirements. This position involves overseeing packaging activities, managing shifts, and contributing to the overall efficiency of our pharmaceutical packaging operations.
- Manage shifts and control activities in the absence of the Packaging Manager.
- Supervise activities and work performed on the floor.
- Support Line Leaders and other employees as necessary.
- Maintain proper cGMP practices across all work areas.
- Work in areas such as Pre-check and office duties.
- Utilize the Systech serialization system and SAP.
- Reduce time spent preparing lines for the next products.
- Train and educate employees when necessary.
- Record In-process entries into respective documents.
- Check the cleanliness of machines prior to or after use.
- Perform daily routine checkups and ensure safety measures are in place.
- Reduce time spent during changeovers.
- Enforce cGMP.
- Maintain full knowledge and a strong understanding of all SOPs and proper use of equipment.
- Act as a point of contact for questions regarding procedures and expectations for employees.
- Serve as a leader and coach.
- Contribute to Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) writing in the technical area.
- Understand and operate all necessary equipment and instrumentation.
- Maintain documentation in accordance with internal procedures and regulatory requirements (GMP, SOPs, etc.).
- Follow strict internal protocols and SOPs, as well as current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Education and Experience:
- 1 to 3 years of direct work experience in pharmaceutical packaging.
- Preference given to candidates with experience in generic pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field of study from an accredited college/university preferred.
- 2 years of cGMP work experience.
Technical Knowledge and Computer Systems Skills:
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical packaging machines.
- Capable of conducting troubleshooting.
- Experience handling and participating in compliance and regulatory audits at local and federal levels.
- Experience using SAP business systems and applications is a plus.
- Proficient in computer skills and software applications such as Microsoft Office tools.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
Work Schedule and Other Position Information:
- Must be willing to work in a pharmaceutical packaging setting.
- Must be willing and able to work any assigned shift ranging from the first or second shift. The work schedule may be Monday to Friday.
- Must be willing to work some weekends based on business needs as required by management.
- No remote work is available.
If you are a dynamic individual with a passion for pharmaceutical packaging and compliance, we encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Apply now to be a part of our growing team!