This rapidly growing Trucking/Transportation company is searching for its next Operations Manager to oversee its account, fleet, and drivers. Offering lots of autonomy to create your own operation and learn/be mentored by Managers and Directors.
Responsibilities and qualifications:
- Clear and concise communication with customers making sure all expectations are being met whilst maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Monitor all daily deliveries, providing resolution to issues that arise in order to maintain the satisfaction of all customers and teams.
- Responsible for communication with drivers, and scheduling ensuring they are used effectively and optimally.
- Knowledge of all procedures and laws/regulations e.g. DOT compliance etc, as well as keeping track of maintenance and safety performances.
- Background/Experience with safety is important - need to be able to prioritize safety/not sacrifice safety for anything else.
- Must be open to change and be adaptable.
- The necessity to not take "this is just how we do things" for an answer, always coming up with new ideas and ways to improve systems and processes.
- An "in the trenches" mindset, coach-able, and strong with convictions and standards to hold yourself and others to.
- Able to work and manage in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to coach and create long last relationships with drivers ensuring they are performing to the best of their abilities.