A leading Medical Equipment Manufacturing organization is looking for a NPI Buyer to join their team. The Buyer is responsible for facilitating the timely order flow of materials, components, and supplies to support production on NPI (New Product Introduction) projects.
Location: On-Site in Melbourne, FL
Responsibilities of the NPI Buyer:
- Assists in supplier price and delivery negotiations; able to negotiate or support buyers in negotiating contracts as necessary.
- Completes supplier risk assessment on critical and unique parts.
- Monitors supplier performance (delivery, quality, and cost) through the design process and keeps Quality and production buyers informed and involved.
- Works with engineering to identify preliminary critical parts, long-lead parts, and inspection requirements.
Qualifications of the NPI Buyer:
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of experience in buying/purchasing
- Experience with sourcing machined/stamped parts and electronic components such as PCB/PCBAs
- Previous exposure/involvement in NPI/NPD life cycle within an organization
- Fluent in MRP Systems, VMI, Kanban