The Master Planner & Production Scheduler is an integral part of our team, contributing to our success by providing analysis and review of our portfolio of materials and finished goods to provide materials and production plans for execution by operations and quality. The objective of this role is to ensure continuity of supply to support high levels of customer service and to maintain target inventory levels for the raw materials and intermediates required to manufacture APIs.
The Master Planner & Production Scheduler is the primary contact with Purchasing, the DEA Compliance Specialist and plant operations management. In addition, they will serve as a key person in the daily operations meeting and will drive schedule adherence, expedite resolution of any supply issues, ensure transparency, visibility and alignment across all departments.
Join a talented team, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. You'll pursue excellence because your work has the power to improve patients' lives with the pharmaceuticals you'll develop and manufacture.
In this role, you:
- Manage scheduling and MRP activities. Create and maintain the production schedule to meet shipping dates specified by sales forecasts and customer orders.
- Manage site production capacity for short, medium and long term. Analyze and challenge plant capacity data to determine manufacturing sequencing optimization including plant and lab capabilities.
- Plan and schedule workflow and operations schedules according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Confer with supervisors to determine the status of assigned projects and production schedules. Expedite operations, including all functional groups, to prevent delay of schedules. Update and adjust schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Apply inventory policies. Responsible for inventory turnover and usage to meet specifications and requirements. Will report on inventory accumulation and assist in management of inventory balances.
- Communicate and participates in addressing issues raised by internal and external customers.
- Embrace continuous improvement in all activities and helps others do the same. Progress is measured through the use of metrics that are reported regularly. Recommend and implement methods to increase the quality of products and/or services.
- Work with others to create an environment where safety, quality and high performance are core competencies.
- Provide absorption plan to finance and work to identify and close gaps.
- Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned in the course of business.
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related technical field. (In lieu of degree, 5+ years of experience in supply chain and logistics along with formal APICS training in a certification program)
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in resources planning, materials management, or scheduling in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in software related to Windows including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Previous chemical manufacturing experience is desired.
- Knowledge/experience with Oracle ERP or comparable EBS system is preferred.