Title: Manufacturing Manager
Location: Greater Allentown Area
A multi-billion-dollar leader within the Food Processing industry is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Manager to ensure that company quality standards are met across many areas.
The Manufacturing Manager will be accountable for Lead in the joint responsibility for maintaining a safe working environment and implementing safe operating procedures to ensure an accident-free record, participating in daily production meetings and coordinate all production output in accordance with Quality Plan to meet schedules, monitor all Production section operating budgets and report variances, reviewing and approving all Production Technician assessments, reporting staffing issues to the Director of Manufacturing, and performing other duties as assigned.
The Manufacturing Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage Production Supervisors and their staff through the section organization.
- Review Trouble Reports, Discrepancy Reports, Internal/External Audits, and manages implementation of corrective action for those related to Production section issues
- Review and approve development of and changes to Work Instructions as proposed by the Senior Manufacturing Engineering Technician.
- Attend the resin, paper, film, and CF Yield Improvement meetings, and implements improvements accordingly.
The Manufacturing Manager must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- At least 4 years Managerial experience OR
- At least 7 years Supervisory experience
- Background in Food Processing/Production/Manufacturing
- Ability to utilize/operate a computer, peripheral equipment, and appropriate software, such as Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Should have working knowledge of "world class" manufacturing philosophy, techniques, and tools.
- These aspects include total quality management, high-performance work teams, just in time inventory control, and materials resource planning.
- Skill in coaching, developing, and training others.
- Ability to foster teamwork and develop close working relationships across all departments.
- Knowledge of safety techniques, practices, and procedures for handling hazardous materials.
- Supervises Production Supervisors including conducting performance reviews, coordinating, or leading others in accomplishing work activities, encouraging teamwork and personal growth, and taking disciplinary action as necessary.
If you are interested in the Manufacturing Manager opportunity, then please don't hesitate to apply!