Lead Vehicle Weight Architect | Greensboro, NC
Company Summary: DSJ Global is currently partnered with a leading Automotive Manufacturing company seeking a Lead Engineer Vehicle Weight Architect for their Greensboro, NC facility. As one of the dominating Heavy Duty Truck manufacturers in the industry their commitment to sustainability has set them apart in the market and led them to success. If you would like to be a part of a dynamic, sustainable and growing company apply now!
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Lead Vehicle Weight Architect, you will play a pivotal role in our organization, leading discussions and problem-solving related to weight and load capacity management across our current and future projects. You'll collaborate with diverse teams to ensure that our vehicles meet weight targets and load capacity requirements. Your responsibilities will include:
- Proactively investigating the weight and deltas of components/systems/deliverables throughout the maturity of projects.
- Verifying that weight targets are met to satisfy applicable project gate fulfillments.
- Calculating current production weights to compare and estimate future weight changes.
- Calculating axle loads and weight distribution to comply with legal restrictions.
- Writing requests and participating in weight measurement and tear-down activities.
- Creating and presenting load capacity roadmaps to projects.
- Attending technical and cross-functional meetings to maintain awareness of component changes that may affect the load capacity feature project targets.
- Proposing weight reduction solutions for complete offer scenarios/packaging to meet applications and customer requirements.
- Conducting competitor vehicle analysis to explain/improve our competitive stance.
- Providing input regarding weight advantages to stakeholders (Global Manufacturing, Aftermarket, and commodities).
Who You Are:
We are looking for a candidate who possesses the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a related Engineering field; Master's degree preferred.
- 8-12+ years of experience in product development projects within automotive and/or in commercial vehicles.
- Competence in ProE/Creo and experience on a CAD system are preferred.
If you or someone you know is a good fit for this role apply today!