Head of Purchasing - Life Sciences/ Medical Equipment Manufacturing
- Competitive salary + bonus
Our client, a leader in their field of medical device manufacturing is seeking a dynamic individual to manage a team supporting all aspects of sourcing and procurement during the complete product life cycle from R&D through to production.
This individual should have good knowledge of overall procurement as well as exposure to supply chain. They'll need to be flexible, working both tactical and strategical aspects in a OEM engineering and small manufacturing environment.
Head of purchasing will have the following responsibilities:
- Hands on management of small operational and strategical teams
- Effectively develop, manage, and maintain relationships with suppliers
- Work tightly with Project Managers and Engineering during development phases to identify optimal sources of supply and work with the team to execute purchase orders for components to meet project timelines, cost and quality targets
- Support and negotiate quotes, purchase orders, agreements and terms
- Direct line reporting to the COO
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skill set:
- Several years of experience in an international business environment
- Experience leading and managing a team