We are working with a leading chemical manufacturing company that are looking for a Global Trade Compliance Manager to be based in their headquarters near Amsterdam. The Global Trade Compliance Manager will play a critical role in ensuring the company's compliance with international trade regulations and guidelines, facilitating smooth cross-border transactions, and minimizing risk associated with global trade operations.
- Stay up-to-date with international trade regulations, sanctions, embargoes, and customs laws relevant to chemical manufacturing and distribution.
- Interpret and communicate changes in trade regulations to relevant departments, ensuring company-wide understanding and adherence.
Classification and Tariff Determination:
- Accurately classify chemical products according to international harmonized systems (HS) and local customs tariff codes.
-Collaborate with product and R&D teams to ensure accurate and consistent product classification.
Export and Import Compliance:
- Manage and oversee export and import documentation processes, including licenses, permits, certificates of origin, and shipping documentation.
- Ensure compliance with export controls, including controlled substance regulations and dual-use goods restrictions.
Trade Agreements and Preferences:
- Evaluate and leverage preferential trade agreements to optimize duty savings and reduce costs for international shipments.
- Coordinate with relevant teams to ensure proper documentation and qualification for trade preferences.
Risk Assessment and Mitigation:
- Identify potential compliance risks related to international trade and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Conduct periodic compliance audits and assessments to ensure adherence to trade regulations and company policies.
- Collaborate closely with supply chain, legal, finance, and sales teams to ensure seamless execution of global trade activities.
- Provide guidance and training to internal stakeholders to promote a culture of trade compliance awareness.
Record-keeping and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all trade-related transactions, licenses, permits, and documentation.
- Prepare and submit regular compliance reports to senior management and relevant regulatory bodies.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement within the trade compliance function and implement best practices.
- Stay informed about industry trends and emerging technologies to enhance trade compliance processes.
- Bachelor's degree in international trade, business, supply chain management, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in global trade compliance. Experience within the chemical manufacturing industry is a plus.
- Profound knowledge of international trade regulations, customs procedures, and export controls.
- Strong understanding of product classification and tariff determination systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration across diverse teams.
- Attention to detail, analytical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., Certified Global Trade Compliance Professional) are a plus.