I am currently looking for a qualified procurement professional to fill a Global Category Manager Chemicals & Polymers role for my client in the electrical engineering industry, a globally active electrical components manufacturer, based in Pfaffikon, Switzerland. My client has over 4000 employees currently and a turnover of €885M.
- Definition and implementation of a product group strategy for chemicals, polymers, plastic tapes and extruded components
- The establishment of a long term collaborations with selected key suppliers for the realisation of joint optimisation's in the value chain
- Handling negotiation of terms and contracts to optimise total costs. Things that would need to be taken into account: functional specifications, flexibility, quality and environmental and social aspects
- Being able to ensure global availability of raw materials and building second sources.
- Strategic purchasing experience (chemical process industry + chemical trade)
- Negotiation experience
- German and English speaker
- Experts in chemicals and polymers background
- Driven, competitive and a winning approach to handling internal and external stakeholders
-Strong communicative skills alongside knowledge of international contract management.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Materials science/Process Engineering degree (preferred not essential)
- You get to work in a global organisation in a demanding role
- Attractive Salary Package
- Working with different technologies and cultures
If this is a role that you believe suits your working experience and career history, please don't hesitate to apply below.