This is an exclusive position with one of the Top Multinational Chemical Groups, they are looking for an outstanding talent with strong Procurement and Supply Chain management experiences to lead the regional team.
- Excellent Leadership experiences including hire, train, develop, evaluate, coach, and mentor all staff within the organization.
- Build a robust market intelligence discipline and monitor supply market trends to gain competitive market advantage and to make better business decisions. Proactively monitor the external global marketplace and key cost drivers including raw materials, currency exchange rates, freight rates, and more.
- Provide our Commercial team with strong and consistent level of procurement support to manage ongoing relationships with our international supplier base.
- Identify key opportunities in price or alternative suppliers and achieve the right balance between cost, quality, and reliability.
- Analyze and understand total cost of ownership structures for area(s) of responsibility to develop better and/or innovative pricing models.
- Establish effective, trustful, personal relationships with key suppliers to set joint target agreements.
- Move toward KPI and budget driven management of supply chain operations, and drive demonstrated improvement along various KPIs over time through process improvements, personnel changes, software changes, and more.
- Define and track KPIs for supplier performance (on-time-delivery, quality, etc), monitor performance against these metrics, and enforce conformance.
- Conduct regular business reviews with supplier base in partnership with organization, with increased frequency for key suppliers.
- Manage supply base and create relationships with assigned strategic partners, key suppliers.
- Conduct periodical risk assessments, design and manage adequate countermeasures for selected spend.
- Standardize process for generation, communication, and confirmation of Purchase Orders, as well as ongoing management of open Purchase Orders through fulfillment from the supplier.
- Develop sustainable competitive advantage by cost leadership through research and relationship management.
- Standardize process for new product sourcing, using a research-based approach to identify all supply options in the early stages of product development, interacting directly to vet the potential suppliers, and making a persuasive recommendation to our Commercial teams of which supply option to pursue for long term success.
- Developing and implementing growth strategies and building out supporting functions in China.
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivational work environment, and implementing innovative changes.
- 15+ years of experience in chemical or ingredients procurement with progressively expanding roles
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a division with $100MM+ annual spend required
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably from international university conducted in English and preferably in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering disciplines
- Fluent in English and Mandarin (written and verbal)
- Natural management and coaching capabilities
- Strategic thinker with strong instincts for overall business development
- Extensive experience with implementation or management of ERP systems required; SAP or Oracle experience is a plus
- Comfortable with an entrepreneurial, flat-hierarchy and Western styled organization with some degree of ambiguity in functional responsibilities; focus on making an impact and getting the job done with a bias for action
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply this vacancy with your latest CV or reach out directly for further information.