A leading automotive OEM is seeking a Manufacturing Facilities Engineer to join their facility on-site in the Greater Indianapolis area. This Manufacturing Engineer will develop and optimize production processes and equipment to achieve the overall safety, quality, and cost goals of the organization.
- Electrical Hardware Design: Ability to read and understand equipment electrical schematics and drawings. Must have a strong background designing new electrical controls circuits for automated equipment including relays, motors, safety circuits, PLCs, and computer Interfaces.
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and Human Machine Interface (HMI) Programming: Ability to read and troubleshoot PLC logic. Experience modifying and creating PLC programs for equipment control. Experience modifying and creating HMI screens. Background in Industrial networks. Including DeviceNet, TCP/IP, UniWire, etc.
- Mechanical Systems Design: Ability to read and understand product and equipment mechanical drawings and dimensions. Solid experience troubleshooting, modifying, and specifying mechanical systems. Experience with pneumatic piping and control systems. Exposure to air, water, and hydraulic utilities.
- Project Management: Demonstrated development and control of project master schedules and budgets. Experience writing project specifications and instructions. Experience managing vendor/team activities during design, fabrication, installation, and integration.
- Communication/Leadership: Good overall written/oral communication skills, ability to summarize complex technical concepts in written content. Ability to lead groups/teams to complete complex projects.
- BS in an Engineering discipline or related field
- 3+ years minimum facilities engineering experience in a high production manufacturing environment with exposure to robotics, automated material handling systems, and communication networks.
- Proficient MS Office skills and MS Project
- CAD experience with AutoCAD, Solidworks, and/or CATIA
This company offers competitive benefits, 401k matching, and an on-site health & wellness center. Additionally, you will get to be a part of a safe and environmentally-conscious plant that values high-quality vehicles.