Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager required for Leading Aviation and Aerospace Manufacturer
- LA County, CA
- Operations Team
A leading aviation and aerospace manufacturer is on the lookout for an experienced EHS professional to join one of their key facilities. At a company that focuses on mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and defense applications, the manager will be responsible for managing programs, policies and practices related to environmental and safety compliance, emergency & evacuation, and loss prevention.
The EHS Manager will be crucial for developing, recommending, and implementing programs to assure compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal environmental regulations while acting as a facility coordinator and primary contact for all internal customers and external agencies for matters pertaining to environmental, health, and safety.
Responsibilities of the EHS Manager:
- Create and manage training and communication initiatives related to Environment, Health, and Safety (EH&S) such as HAZCOM, HAZMAT, confined space, personal protective equipment, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), Job Safety Analysis, and others
- Conduct orientation programs for new employees and contractors focusing on safety
- Manage and support corporate, local, state, and federal health and safety regulatory compliance.
- Develop, implement, and communicate safety policies and procedures
- Monitor all training activities and developing yearly training schedules
- Offer technical assistance and guidance for programs and practices related to environmental compliance.
- Supervise the handling of wastewater treatment procedures and the operation of environmental laboratories
- Demonstrate continual focus on improvements and enhancements
Qualifications for the EHS Manager:
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field
- Master's Degree preferred
- 7+ years EHS experience in an aerospace or similar manufacturing environment
- 3+ management or leadership experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership and organizational/time management skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions to then imitate appropriate course of action
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence and effectively present information to groups