A fast-paced, high-energy electronics manufacturer is seeking talented technicians to assist in the launch of new sustainable products to market. This organization is seeking to develop new technologies in electric motors, power electronics and smart connected devices that reduce energy of flow machines (pumps, fans, compressors) as much as 50%.
The Electrical Test Field Technician will be responsible for testing power electronics and electric motors.
- Install, assemble and testing of electro-mechanical and electronic systems in lab environment
- Supervise and assist installation and commission of motor-drives at customer locations
- Record information and results about product performance
- Assist in the commissioning of a new test facility
- Communicate with customers, team members, engineers and managers to determine possible problems or update individuals with work progress, on a daily basis.
- Decipher complex schematics, drawings, diagrams, blueprints and instructions
- Diagnose and repair problems with electro-mechanical and electronic systems, malfunctioning circuitry networks, and ineffective electronic equipment
- Associate degree in electronics/engineering or completion of a certificate program in the field
- 5+ years as an electronics test technician or field-service technician
- Experience with power electronics, variable frequency drives and electrical motors
- Experience with data acquisition systems (LabVIEW & National Instruments)
- Experience with repairing printed circuit boards including fine pitch SMT
- Mechanical installation and alignment of motors and pumps