The Director of Production Planning (DPP) role is a key contributor to the continued growth of the company. This individual will be leading the build-out of the company's Demand Planning organization to effectively support the supply chain management process of planning and communicating demand so that our products can be reliably delivered, and our customers are always satisfied both domestically and internationally.
This individual is a hands-on leader that supervises a team of planners focused on delivering accurate production plans, aligning inventory levels with peaks and valleys in demand, based on service level commitments and expectations across our channels and products. Working closely with the Sales, Marketing, Operations and Fulfillment teams, the DPP ensures that the planning team is laser focused on internal and external factors that could impact demand, such as labor force issues, natural disasters, weather patterns, and news events or other influences.
The Director of Production Planning ensures the team proactively stays ahead of the market and make decisions based on near real-me market data, rather than solely on historical data. The DDP reports to the VP of Supply Chain and will have a team of Demand Planning experts in support and reporting directly to him/her. The Director of Production Planning is also responsible for developing and maintaining an effective succession plan and for modeling company values and promoting the company culture.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Operations and Finance to build out the consensus production planning process
- Develop effective production plans, balancing the needs from our customers, our inventory levels, and our qualification processes
- Develop and lead the Production Planning team, ensuring planners employ effective Planning tools, processes, and systems
- Ensure all internal and external facilities have the necessary ingredients and other materials to support production
- Optimize Production Planning to drive maximum customer satisfaction at the lowest possible production costs
- Support management with models, risk assessments and mitigation activities
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain or other relevant fields, required
- Master's level degree, MBA or higher preferred
- 10+ years or similar of Supply Chain or in a demand/production planning leadership role
- Solid understanding of planning practices and procedures
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge including applicable machine learning techniques
- Capability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Articulate, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Superb Critical Thinking Skills and High-Level Social Intelligence
- Agile learner with an Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong leadership skills required. Experience in multi-unit operations preferred