DSJ Global is currently partnered with a leading Food & Beverage Organization looking to bring on a Director of Warehousing & Logistics.
The Director of Logistics is responsible for the team, spend, performance, and daily execution of all logistics functions in their network (Direct warehousing, 3PL, and freight). Through collaboration with cross functional partners they ensure a high level of customer service to internal as we as external customers. The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development, sustainability, and customer satisfaction.
Essential Functions Include:
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation, and applicable 3rd party warehouse cost and performance.
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Maintain a high attention to detail, follow-up, multi-tasking, and conflict resolution.
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness targets.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Prepare and submit annual budgets for Internal Warehouse teams, in addition to applicable 3PL and Freight responsibilities.
- Ensure daily/weekly planning is completed along with all standard and leader standard work.
- Responsible for facility and equipment maintenance, good housekeeping and provide a team oriented and safe work environment.
- Partner to Manufacturing executing raw and finished goods materials flows in a timely and accurate manner.
- The logistics manager owns and drives the morale of the team. They will ensure all team members are performing tasks in a safe and proper manner.
- Ensure that all raw materials and finished goods inventory is received, stored, and managed to expectations.
- Ability to identify issues, develop solutions, and deliver results.
- BS in business administration, logistics, or supply chain; 7+ years progressive logistics management experience and/or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and manage a staff.
- Experience collecting data and reporting against key performance metrics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office-Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio
- Experience in logistics systems ie ERP, WMS, TMS, etc.
- Excellent analytical problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- Experience in Lean Operations
- Experience in BI Analytics