Global Chemicals Leader requires expert in German Customs
My client, a major player in Chemicals is searching for a Customs expert to bring their full logistics function in-house, rather than working externally with a customs broker.
The role will have responsibility for:
- Ensuring compliance for customs regulations
- Monitoring foreign trade and customs regulations
- Liaising directly with German Customs Authorities
- Preparation of export documentation in compliance with regulations of the Federal Republic of Germany, the European union and import regulations in recipient countries
- Dangerous Goods Handling and regulations, internal guidelines and packaging regulations - and relaying this to third-party logistics firms where needed
- Co-ordination of customer orders and delivery dates
- Controlling shipping invoices and reacting to issues with damage or delay
- Ensuring the sales tax receipt is correct and accounted for, and aligning with internal guidance on evidence
The ideal candidate will:
- Have several years of experience in Supply Chain, in the E2E, Logistics, Shipping or forwarding functions
- Have had experience of a dedicated focus on customs
- Have business fluency in both English and German
- Have strong skills in SAP, MS Office and AEB-Assist
- Be flexible and open to working outside of a 9-5 function.
- Be able to work independently and efficiently, optimising processes and finding solutions as they go.
Does this job pique your interest? If so, do apply through the link on the right, and we'll contact you regarding the role.