This position can sit out of Milwaukee WI or Thomasville GA (greater Tallahassee FL area). Relocation available for the right candidate.
Our client is seeking a strong individual to serve as a subject matter expert for Logistics and ensure timely acquisitions of service and product from all third-party and logistics providers. This industrial manufacturing organization has a great reputation as a leader within their industry and is dedicated to environmental sustainability. They are looking for an individual who is looking to grow and impact within an organization with dedication to continuous improvement and problem-solving.
- Responsible for ownership of 3PL providers, including ocean freight, LTL/TL, warehousing, etc.)
- Researching and resolving all shipment quality discrepancies
- Manage accuracy of warehousing inventories and product storage
- Develop monthly scorecards of KPIs with the company's plants and all logistics suppliers
- Identify suppliers and service providers through investigation and research of markets, available services, and potential bidders
- Lead and participate in Requests for Quotations (RFQs)/Proposals(RFPs) in collaboration with key leaders
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or relevant field of study
- 5 years of experience in Logistics, ideally within a manufacturing environment
- Experience with 3PL contract management, ocean freight and truckload highly preferred
- Knowledge of 3PL providers and services
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel