Senior Controls Engineer needed for Leading Building Materials Company
- Process Engineer | Senior Level
- $110,000-$130,000 + excellent bonus + benefits
- Atlanta, GA
A leading Building Materials company is looking to add a Senior Controls Engineer to their team of passionate, talented individuals! The company has been around for over three decades and offers a stable career path with a high growth trajectory, competitive compensation, and a dynamic environment.
As a Senior Controls Engineer, you will provide technical leadership for process controls in one or more of the above locations. You will also act as a subject matter expert in PLCs, SCADA, AC/DC drives, and other electrical devices and systems. If you are a highly skilled and technical engineer looking to grow into a senior-level position, apply today!
The Senior Controls Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and optimize control systems and strategies, as well as troubleshoot and optimize existing controls and processes
- Work crossfunctionally with R&D and Corporate Quality to optimize both existing and new products and processes
- Work with plant technical staff to monitor and improve quality and efficiency
- Apply engineering techniques to optimize processes and products through changes to facilities, equipment, and materials
- Work with the maintenance management system for all controls and electrical systems/equipment
- Travel to core manufacturing facilities: 50-75%
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of technical experience with programming and troubleshooting controls systems, heavily PLCs (ControlLogix / RS logic)
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably building materials
- Strong background in process and product optimization through DOEs, regression analysis, critical thinking, etc.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to mentor engineers and lead project teams