A multi-billion dollar manufacturer of consumer products is looking for a new Continuous Improvement Manager. This dynamic role will see you supporting multiple facets of the business, from both factory and distribution networks. With a strong portfolio of well known brands, this role will be collaborative and engage with key stakeholders at all levels.
The Continuous Improvement Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives across functions.
- Identify opportunities to drive improved efficiency and productivity as well as lead the development and execution of implementation plans.
- Implement Lean methodologies to optimize value streams and eliminate waste.
- Foster a culture of problem-solving and root cause analysis within teams.
- Prioritize and execute cross-functional projects. Implement robust project management.
- Assure CI plans are linked to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), goals and annual productivity targets.
- Identify and track cost improvement projects.
- Facilitate the adoption of Lean tools and practices for efficiency improvement.
- Coach and facilitate the leadership team through the integration of CI methods and strategy.
- Develop and deploy Lean training programs for employees at all levels.
- Build capabilities for measurement and tracking. Promote total employee involvement.
The Continuous Improvement Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Engineering, Supply Chain, or any other related discipline.
- 5+ years experience TPM, Lean, Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement experience.
- Proven ability to lead endeavors resulting in noteworthy operational enhancements and savings exceeding $5 million.
- Interpersonal, confident, and leadership skills.
- Proven change agent, builds trust at all levels.
- Strong project management and analytical skills.