Job Posting: Commodity Manager
Location: Omaha, NE
Work Model: Hybrid after 3 months
A growing industrial manufacturer is looking to bring on a new Commodity Manager title to develop, implement, and maintain a procurement and inventory strategy that supports their supply chain. The successful candidate will evaluate market conditions, maintain timely deliveries and stock availability, control costs, and develop structured relationships with key vendors.
- Develop and manage pricing strategies.
- Negotiate pricing agreements with suppliers.
- Maximize commodity buying efficiency.
- Ensure supply chain projects/department milestones/goals are met.
- Assist in adhering to approved budgets.
- Maintain sourcing list on materials.
- Approve quantity and pricing for payment of invoices.
- Uphold the quality and EHS policy.
- Analyze market and delivery conditions.
- Manage contracts and negotiations for key supplier accounts.
- Collaborate with suppliers on improving performance.
- Communicate with quality control/assurance personnel.
- Primary conductor bar materials
- Aluminum extrusions
- Extruded plastic covers
- Externally roll-formed STS cap
- Injection-molded components
- Coil- galvanized, copper, stainless
- Metal fabricated components
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-10 years related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Strong mathematical skills.
Please note that this position has no supervisory responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.