Cold Chain Logistics Manager
A new and exciting opportunity for a Cold Chain Logistics Manager role has opened up with one of the most rapidly growing and creative Pharmaceutical Logistics companies in Frankfurt. Starting in the UK and expanding over Europe to Germany offering a very niche service within the freight forwarding market.
If you are looking to be part of an exciting company, have experience in air freight and a passion for the Pharmaceutical industry then read the job description below and apply!
- Full responsibility of the cold chain logistics department
- Management of the branch employees
- Works closely with our Business Development team to ensure proper support and/or guidance for clients to ensure all critical information is gathered at the onset of the award. They will work closely with our Global Trade Compliance Team, local Import/Export Team, Quality Assurance and their respective Branch to make sure all is set up successfully.
- Will work in cooperation with the assigned Business Development personnel or Key Account Manager to grow the business by providing superior customer service. New award opportunities will be passed on to the respective BD.
- Will create with the help of other relevant functional groups an applicable instruction sheet or Client Operating Procedure to ensure aspects of the work are known to all and that each job is done in a consistent and precise manner. These procedures will be used to train all parties involved in the launch and daily execution of jobs.
- Will be responsible for providing the applicable branches forecasting on volumes and dates of operations. This will include working with the Branch to ensure proper packaging is in place and to ensure all eyes are on the initial shipments, special requests or spikes in volume.
- Review budget and tariff with applicable Branch to ensure all lanes, packaging and responsibilities are covered. Review with administrative team as well to ensure consistency with billing.
- Will work with the Branch Manager to assign key personnel in Branch to develop clear communication plans with appropriate contact lists. Primary and escalation points should clearly be identified to the client.
- Will communicate heavily with the client during the implementation period, give regular updates on activities and shipments statuses while ensuring they are comfortable with the process throughout each step. This may include managing standing meetings with all parties
- Will hand the study over to the Branch with well-defined processes and procedures, while providing future incremental quality checks to ensure the procedures are being followed correctly.
- Logistics background: Pharmaceutical background preferred.
- Cold Chain Logistics experience
- Courier or Freight Industry
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team-environment