DSJ Global is currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity with one of our clients, a leading industrial company operating globally. Our client is seeking to hire an experienced and skilled Category Manager who has experience working with direct materials.
As the Category Manager Metals, you will be responsible for managing all aspects related to the procurement of direct materials within this large-scale organization. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Developing strategies that optimize cost savings while ensuring quality standards
- Conducting market research regularly
- Negotiating contracts effectively
- Building relationships and collaborating cross-functionally
Qualifications & Skills Required:
The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years' experience in category management or similar roles dealing directly with suppliers along side having exposure within Heavy Industrial sector.
Other key requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) preferably in Procurement/Supply Chain/Business Management or relevant area
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability work efficiently under pressure whilst maintaining high levels attention-to-detail