A leading construction / building materials company is looking to hire a Buyer to their fast-growing team. This position will be responsible for ensuring that the segment business plan is implemented through the selection of suppliers and ensuring supplier performance and would be focusing on various categories and commodities.
If you are an individual who wants to make a large strategic impact at a nationally renowned organization in procurement check out the details below:
The Buyer will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare purchase requests for quotation by approved suppliers on the vendor list.
- Contribute to segment strategy implementation
- Lead purchasing activities related to involving suppliers in development projects and looking for new partnership opportunities
- Continuously assess for quality, delivery, cost, feature, technology, sustainability, and risk management
- Develop, negotiate, and implement strategies resulting in improved supply chain performance, enhanced product quality, innovative technology, and maximum value
- Collaborate with other members of global supply chain to successfully develop and execute global supply chain and technology strategies
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, or related
- 2-5+ years in strategic purchasing/procurement experience
- Supplier negotiation skills
- Experience in construction / building materials preferred
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and networking skills
- Proficient with Microsoft products (Excel/PowerPoint/Access)