Automation Specialist - 2nd Shift
Company Overview: A dynamic and innovative company at the forefront of technological advancements in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry. As a leader in the field, taking pride on developing and maintaining cutting-edge automated systems. Currently seeking a talented and motivated Automation Specialist to join the team and contribute to the continuous improvement of the operating systems.
Position Overview: As an Automation Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in enhancing the automated manufacturing equipment's efficiency and reliability. Your expertise in troubleshooting, testing, and repairing automated systems will be crucial to ensuring smooth operations. You will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects and develop strategies to optimize and expand our automation systems.
- Provide technical expertise for the efficient operation of automated manufacturing equipment, ensuring optimal performance and productivity.
- Troubleshoot machines and conduct root cause analysis for complex issues, promptly resolving any disruptions to minimize downtime and production delays.
- Investigate and prevent automation incidents, utilizing analytical skills to identify underlying causes and implementing effective corrective actions.
- Evaluate and optimize automation systems to enhance reliability and performance, and develop strategic plans for future expansion, replacement, or upgrades.
- Utilize various software tools and applications for effective automation, including Microsoft Office, PLC programming software, electrical schematic design software, HMI programming software, SCADA systems, and industrial networks.
- Efficiently handle technical questions and objections related to assigned products, providing accurate information and solutions to clients and internal teams.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation for equipment and processes, including change control, drawings, manuals, and validation records to ensure compliance and traceability.
- Streamline workflows and develop automated laboratory processes and instrumentation systems, from concept development to testing, implementation, and training.
- Recognize priorities and take decisive action, making productive use of time to meet project deadlines and operational goals.
- Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures, promoting a safe and compliant working environment.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with 2+ years' experience OR Associate degree with 5+ years' experience in manufacturing.
- Professional Engineering License (P. Eng. or P.E.) or Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T) preferred.
- Adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Experience in aseptic processing preferred.
- Familiarity with FDA, GMP, and ISO standards advantageous.
- Strong problem-solving and project management abilities.
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
- Knowledge of Aseptic Operator Qualification and Process Simulation.
- Proficiency in technical writing and computer applications.
- Understanding of regulatory guidance for APIs and injectable drug products.
Join this exciting team and help shape the future of pharmaceutical manufacturing. Apply now to become an Automation Specialist and drive technological excellence in manufacturing!