Title: Automation Engineer
Location: Carpinteria, CA
Looking for an Automation Engineer in the Santa Barbara area! In this role, you will work with Production, Process Development, and other team members to determine functional, equipment, and User Requirement Specifications. Additional responsibilities will include design, analysis, programming, debugging, testing, and modification of control systems related to automated capital equipment. Experience and exposure to other equipment platforms related to automation, assembly, or test are required.
Skills, knowledge, and abilities you will need to be successful:
* Determination of equipment specifications.
* Equipment quality assurance and documentation during all phases of development and implementation.
* Strong Robotic, PLC, and HMI programming experience.
* Strong understanding of tool systems and controls, including motion control, and industrial interfaces (DeviceNet, serial communications, Ethernet, etc.).
* Experience in applications such as, but not limited to, C#, C++, Visual Studio.
* Experience with electrical and Control system documentation, including System Schematics, Wiring Diagrams, BOM, Control Enclosure Layout, Power, and Interlock Schematics.
* Experienced in CAD.
Qualifications | Required Education and Experience:
* BS or higher degree in mechanical, electrical, software or other engineering fields.
* 4+ years of proven experience with equipment design, automation, and integration from R&D to manufacturing environments.
* Experience with supplier management and/or collaborating with remote engineering teams.
* Experience in the design of robotics and automation capital equipment.
* Installation and support of equipment into production.
* Experience with SCADA/EBR/MES and integration.