Job Title: Associate Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Michigan (No Relocation Available)
Salary Target: $70,000 Base Salary
Job Summary: The Associate Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for implementing and maintaining plant equipment, systems, and other fixed assets to a high standard of safety, quality, and productivity at the lowest possible cost while maintaining compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements. This role will provide mechanical and process support to all aspects of the operation.
- Independently conceive and develop approaches to problem-solving that require advanced technical knowledge of mechanical systems and mechanical design.
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of small to medium projects.
- Facilitate design changes using the principles of validation change control.
- Lead production equipment troubleshooting from a mechanical perspective.
- Direct the efforts of others such as technicians and outside resources.
- Interface with project team members, department managers, designers, R&D and Corporate and Division Engineering.
- Write Bid/Scope Documents and update engineering standards.
- Learn AutoCAD.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering or closely related technology discipline with an emphasis on mechanical systems.
- Able to quickly gain knowledge or skill and willingly absorb and comprehend Abbott processes, policies, and methods.
- Able to gain knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula and nutritionals.