Associate Director, Quality Assurance required for Leading Food Manufacturing Firm
- Greater Pittsburgh, PA Area
- Quality Leadership Team
About the Role:
A leading Food Manufacturer is seeking a strong Associate Director, Quality Assurance to lead the Quality department at their largest facility in the U.S. The chosen individual will be tasked with mentoring the QA supervisors and preparing them to grow into further advanced roles.
As an integral part of the plant, the Associate Director, Quality Assurance will add value to a company that has shown consistent growth over the years. Once they have acclimated to the company culture, the manager will have the opportunity to showcase their leadership and technical abilities to aid in the company's profitable expansion. They will oversee endorsing and aiding the plant's ongoing improvement efforts through TMOS, working in conjunction with Operations, Corporate FS&Q, and other support roles.
Responsibilities of the Associate Director, Quality Assurance:
- Oversee the creation, execution, assessment, verification, and validation of the facility's FS&Q System
- Provides oversite of Sanitation resources/department including, not limited to: SSOPs, Master Sanitation Schedule, Sanitation Effectiveness, Sanitation Verification activities and Pest Control.
- Assume the role of the site's primary Preventative Control Qualified Individual (PCQI) and GFSI Practitioner
- Oversee the Sanitation department and its resources, including: SSOPs, Comprehensive Sanitation Schedule, Sanitation Efficiency, Sanitation Verification tasks, and Pest Management
- Works with facility leadership and Corporate FS&Q to execute the plants required FS&Q employee training program.
- Establish the facility's operational and capital budgets for FS&Q
- Recognize projects that influence FS&Q and are included in the facility's capital plan
- Improve team member abilities by performing evaluations and suggesting growth opportunities through ongoing education, seminars, trade shows, etc.
- Preserve the Quality Module and Inspection Characteristics in the SAP system, ensuring new workflows are implemented promptly and correctly
The Ideal Associate Director, Quality Assurance will have:
- 5+ years experience in a Quality Management role in the Food Production industry
- Bachelor's Degree
- HAACP Certification
- SQF or BRC Certification
- Strong intrapersonal skills with an ability to lead direct reports, manage up and communicate to all members of the facility
- Experience with USDA and FDA audit schemes
- A proven track record for building world class quality teams and mentoring, coaching & upscaling employees
- Servant and Dynamic leadership style
- Proven mentorship experience
- Ability to manage cross-functionally and drive support for Food Safety & Quality initiatives with all leaders in the facility