DSJ Global is currently partnered with a rapidly growing temporary infrastructure and environmental services organization looking to bring on an Assistant General Manager in their Asheville Market.
The Assistant General Manager will direct and supervise the team and operations in our Asheville, NC business, ensuring the delivery of quality customer service and the achievement of sales/productivity goals. The position will report to, and partner closely with, the General Manager. The ideal candidate will have an operations, military, or sales leadership background in the logistics, transportation, or facilities services field. S/he will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with a growth mindset and a customer-centric attitude.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support the overall P&L of the Asheville business unit through pricing/sales and operations management in partnership with the GM.
- Assist the General Manager/Operations Manager in hiring and training new employees, handling discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy. Conduct performance evaluations that are timely and constructive, providing recommendations for promotion and salary adjustment, as appropriate.
- Ensure plans for daily activities related to logistics and operations including re-route and optimizations are aligned and executed. Review/oversee the schedules and work of staff ensuring safety & deliverables are met.
- Collaborate with GM/OM to set financial and operational performance standards and ensure required compliance with internal, local, state, and federal policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Review and/or complete all financial and administrative reports for approval.
- Measure productivity by analyzing customer feedback, performance data, financial data, and activity reports. Work closely with GM for immediate adjustments and for long term planning.
- Assist in determining labor needs to meet operations goals. Review and manage staffing procedures, ensuring team assignments and responsibilities are reasonable.
- Recommend pricing, timing, and number of sales promotions, and products to be sold.
- Review and recommend unit's operation manual, practices, and policies for approval by GM.
- Oversee the inventory, including final purchases, shipping, and receiving functions.
- Conduct regular staff communications to ensure that goals and objectives are clearly communicated with unit team; provide guidance and leadership to enable team members to meet these goals and objectives.
- Coordinate with other departments such as human resources, finance, office, operations, and integration to ensure successful operations.
- Prepare, negotiate, analyze, and review contracts for equipment, supplies, materials, services, and products under the direction of the GM.
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with existing and prospective clients, demonstrating excellent customer service and setting an example for other staff.
- Provide support when needed to assist office team with duties such as answering phones, taking orders, price quotes, billing / accounts receivable, sorting, and distributing mail, and preparing documents.
- Oversee the disposal of unclaimed or surplus property.
- Perform other related duties as required.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 5+ years of progressive industry, military, or related experience, with 3 yrs. of people management required.
- Demonstrated operational and/or financial management experience with the ability to interpret financial data to set operations & sales goals.
- Extensive knowledge of operations and service management.
- Understanding of OSHA regulatory matters and procedures for proper operation.
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills.
- Excellent sales, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, delegating when appropriate.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Route logistics, operations software, QuickBooks or Financial software, Microsoft Office Suite, or similar software with the ability to learn and implement new online & logistics tools.
- Ability to remain professional and composed under pressure.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to access and navigate the shop & office facility.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds at a time.
- Ability to drive trucks and fill in for P&D or cleaning routes.
- Able to sustain periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to communicate in person, phone, email/written.